Phone, Email, Postal Address:
# of Openings: 1
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
The Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Team at Intuitive Surgical is seeking a highly motivated, professional statistical programmer to support the HEOR related scientific projects.
The statistical programmer will provide data analytical support to Global HEOR and participate in scientific evidence creation activities. Specifically, the statistical programmer will be responsible for loading, documenting, and cleaning large and complex, large health care data sets, and running statistical analyses. He/she will support the development of congress abstracts and/or manuscripts. He/she will provide analytical and consultative support to the other members of the team and colleagues from other departments.
- – Participate in the development of HEOR-related research projects mainly large-scale health economic and outcomes / real world evidence studies.
- – Responsible for loading, validating, documenting, managing, and analyzing large healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records).
- – Work with HEOR researchers to implement appropriate data analyses according to study protocols and statistical analysis plan (SAP).
- – Respond to ad hoc data generation requests.
- – Document and archive all aspects of analyses and data management.
- – Present and interpret findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- – Support development of congress abstracts and/or manuscripts where possible.
Skills / Education / Job Requirements:
- – Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, health economics, health services research, public health or related field.
- – Two or more years of experience in statistical programming.
- – Proficiency with SAS/BASE and SAS/SQL or other statistical software (e.g., R, Python).
- – Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- – Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- – Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, health economics, health services research, public health or related field.
- – Four or more years of experience in statistical programming in a health care environment.
- – Experience in analyzing large, real world healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records, patient discharge data).
- – Record of supporting publications in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or clinical journals.
Date Posted: 05-31-2019