University of California San Francisco
Family Health Outcomes Project, Family and Community Medicine
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
How to Apply:
Please apply at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=6495&siteid=5226#jobDetails=2928419_5226
# of Openings: 1
The Research Specialist applies skills as a seasoned, experienced Information Technology (IT) research professional with a full understanding of in-depth data restructuring, data linkage, and longitudinal research methods using Statistical Analysis System (SAS). Demonstrates excellent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. The Research Specialist works on developing computational methods and macro-based software to facilitate data management, analysis, and reporting assignments for studies focusing primarily on health and well being of infants, children, adolescents, and reproductive age adults. Exercises judgment under supervision of the Research Director to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
The Research Specialist’ duties involve overseeing longitudinal data of various types and complexity, reading files into SAS, implementing or developing methods to link cases within and across datasets to maintain case selection and longitudinal consistency, construct variables, and undertake statistical analysis using methods appropriate for longitudinal research. Develops macros to prepare tables, charts, graphs, maps, reports, and other visual and written aids to interpret and communicate data and results. Experienced developer of SAS macros.
Pay Rate / Salary: Based on prior experience
Skills / Education Requirements:
- – Bachelor’s degree in Computer / Computational / Data Science, Domain Sciences with computer / computational / data specialization or equivalent experience and four to five years of related content experience, or an equivalent combination.
- – Advanced skills, and demonstrated experience associated with one or more of the following: HPC hardware and software power and performance analysis and research, design, modification, implementation and deployment of HPC or data science or CI applications and tools.
- – Demonstrated broad experience in one or more of the following: optimizing, benchmarking, HPC performance and power modeling, analyzing hardware, software, and applications for HPC / data / CI.
- – Proven skills and experience in independently resolving broad computing / data / CI problems using introductory and / or intermediate principles.
- – Proven ability to understand research computing / data / CI needs, mapping use cases to requirements and how systems / software / infrastructure can support those needs and meet the requirements. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement such solutions.
- – Experience synthesizing data into presentation format.
- – Demonstrated ability to contribute research and technical content to reports and proposals.
- – Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization and to external research and education audiences.
- – Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- – Proven ability to successfully work on multiple concurrent projects.
- – Demonstrated experience and ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff; technical, students, faculty and administrators.
- – Excellent skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner verbally, visually, and in writing.
- – Self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- – Master’s degree or higher in Computer / Computational / Data Science, Domain Sciences with computer / computational / data specialization or equivalent experience and four to five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination.
- – Experience working on grants, including applications and progress reports.
- – Excellent skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Endnote.
- – Background with ESRI mapping software a plus.
Operating Systems: Windows
Date Posted: 9-9-2019