SAS Programmer Position
Behavior Health Concepts Inc.
Part time in office in Emeryville, CA or remote or both
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
# of Openings: 1
How to Apply:
Send Resume and cover letter no later than June 15, 2020
Contact: Bill Ullom
855-385-3776 x 104
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to put “SAS Programmer Position” in email subject
Behavioral Heath Concepts, Inc is looking for a SAS programmer to join our team. Must be able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team on coding, manipulate large data-sets, perform quality checks on data and must have knowledge of standard programming practices.
- 1. Produce with supervision from senior IT managers of BHC coding and manipulation of large Medi-Cal Mental Health or Substance Use Disorder claims and other databases for use in quality reviews and reports.
- 2. Preform quality checks on DHCS data downloads before processing and analyzing the data.
- 3. Produce reports using SAS code on a variety of large databases including Medi-Cal claims, Medi-Cal Eligibility, Master Provider files, CalOMS, ASAM and other data sets as required.
- 4. Coordinate production and processing of data with teams of clinical and technical staff to allow for successful quality reviews onsite at up to 56 counties and statewide.
- 5. Communicate clearly the methods of approaching programming of data to meet specific needs.
- 6. Flex schedule to allow for peaks and valleys of work production needs.
Pay Rate / Salary:
Skills / Education Requirements:
1. Proficiency using . Base SAS Certification preferred but not required.
- 1. Must be able to create and write new programs while maintaining/updating existing SAS code.
- 2. Knowledge of standard programming practices, such as program flow, version control, commenting/documentation, debugging and QA.
- 3. Familiar with SAS Macros, ODS, Proc Report, Infile using column pointer controls, cleaning, joining and creating datasets from sources of different structure.
- 4. Basic knowledge of statistics and familiarity with Proc Means.
Base SAS 9.4 or R/Python
- 1. Experience with manipulation and analysis of large data sets and specifically health claims.
- 2. Ideally some experience specifically with health related data sets and research methods and quality of care metrics such as HEDIS or similar performance improvement tools.
- 3. Must pass security/integrity screening.
Date Posted: 04/07/2020