South San Francisco, CA
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
How to Apply:
Role: Data Scientist (Contract)
Functional Title: Data Scientist (Data Scientist, Senior Data Scientist, Principal Data Scientist)
Location: South San Francisco
Reports to: Associate Group Director/Group Director
Division: US Medical Affairs
Function: Evidence Generation
Department: Biostatistics and Data Sciences
As a Data Scientist within the US Medical Affairs – Evidence Generation function you will be responsible for identifying data from multiple sources to generate evidence and insights that can drive decision-making; advance medical knowledge; evaluate clinical operations methodology; actively collaborate with commercial, government affairs and beyond to enable patients to benefit most from our medicines.
You will be able to source, assimilate, analyze and convey data of varying types and structures that will include (but not limited to): patient-level clinical, imaging, digital health, omics, electronic medical records, claims, patient registries, clinical site information, market, payers, to form the basis of Evidence Generation strategies that uncover optimal methods and enlightening outcomes to better inform ourselves and stakeholders alike based on rigorous, statistically sound approaches.
You will be expected to lead and deliver on complex projects, interact with internal and external partners, drive creation of best practices balanced with an agile mindset.
This will require understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments and strong scientific and technical data science expertise. Using initiative, partnering and effective communication form a core foundation for this role.
There will be a responsibility to extend and embed your expertise within the group through coaching both technical and interpersonal skills.
Skills / Education Requirements:
- Minimum qualifications:
- – MSc, PhD or similar qualification in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g. statistics/biostatistics, epidemiology, computer sciences, outcomes research, mathematics, public health, medicine.
- – Evidence of developing and execution of data science research projects, patient-level data analyses (e.g. real-world data, surveys, clinical trials, registries, claims, genomic or imaging data) with publications and presentations.
- – Evidence of managing project scope and delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges.
- – Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- – An entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques.
- – Proficiency in English, both written and oral.
- – Excellent team communication skills and ability to collaborate across our organization.
- – Fluency in statistical programming languages (R, Python, SAS etc).
- – Experience in implementing advanced analytics approaches (Machine Learning, Longitudinal data analysis etc).
- – Experience with technologies required to undertake analyses on large data sources or with computationally intensive steps (e.g. SQL, parallelization, Hadoop, Spark etc).
- – Experience with dynamic outputs (e.g. R Shiny, Spotfire etc).
- – Experience implementing reproducible research practices like version control (e.g. using Git) and literate programming.
Date Posted: 1-16-2019