Epidemiology Research and Consulting Assistant
Life Expectancy Project
San Francisco, CA
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
# of Openings:
How to Apply:
Visit our website at http://www.lifeexpectancy.com/job2.shtml, then send your resume to Brooks@LifeExpectancy.org. In the body of the e-mail, include a paragraph indicating why you are particularly qualified for this position.
Serious and well-qualified applicants only please.
Assistant for small, dynamic San Francisco-based biostatistics and epidemiology group. We perform original research on life expectancy and publish in major, peer-reviewed medical journals. Our consulting is in a litigation (court) context: we give expert opinion on life expectancy.
Job functions will include:
- – Review medical records and other documents to extract key facts.
- – Perform various statistical analyses.
- – Assist in the preparation of consulting reports and research articles.
- – Conduct literature search, review, and synthesis.
Pay Rate / Salary:
Compensation: $75,000+, depending on qualifications and skills.
Skills / Education Requirements:
- – Local candidates only.
- – Full-time on-site work in a small, fully-vaccinated office (NO remote work).
- – Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the health sciences (e.g., epidemiology, public health, statistics, biostatistics, data science).
- – Applicants with a master’s degree (especially MPH), and those with statistical programming experience using SAS or R, may be especially well-suited for this position, though such background is not required.
- – We welcome applicants who are currently in a graduate program (MPH, MS/MA, or PhD), and will accommodate part-time employment.
- – Must be completely fluent in written and spoken English.
- – Attention to detail is very important.
- – Competent with MS Word/Excel.
Date Posted: 11-30-2022