Research Assistant III (Survey and Database Specialist)
JBS International Inc.
San Mateo, CA
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
How to Apply:
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The Research Assistant III (RAIII) will serve as the database administrator and survey specialist and will have the opportunity to develop, hone, and use their database and data analytics skills in innovative survey research and evaluation working with diverse, multidisciplinary, and cross-functional colleagues. The RAIII ensures survey data quality through reviewing respondent survey data; and imports, cleans, and transforms raw data using SQL, SAS, Stata, R or other programming software as appropriate. The RAIII supports questionnaire design, programming, and data strategies.
Location: Must be able to report to our San Mateo, California office, 3 days per week or additionally as needed by the project.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
# of Openings:
The RAIII will apply their analytical expertise to support research and evaluation projects by supporting statistical analysis, report writing and presentation. The RAIII will recruit and maintain contact with survey participants, prepare data for analysis, conduct data analysis, and prepare tables and graphs for reports and presentations; retrieve documents, literature, and data for reports, memos, and presentations; assist with the preparation and distribution of publications which may include design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other printed materials.
Tasks include maintaining and monitoring project work plans, timelines, and schedules for data collection efforts, attending and preparing summary project meeting notes.
Essential Job Functions:
- – Support Data Collection and Data Management.
- – Collaborate with colleagues in carrying out data collection efforts.
- – Review and monitor data collection plans.
- – Support data processing and data systems for national farmworker survey.
- – Develop and maintain database systems in Microsoft Access and SQL server.
- – Create internal monitoring system, reliability and validity system checks for survey data.
- – Work with IT staff to upgrade and maintain data security.
- – Participate with colleagues in the development of surveys and other protocols.
- – Assist in updating interviewer training materials and training protocols.
- – With the oversight of the Project Director, coordinate the maintenance of data dictionaries, reviewing their completeness and accuracy. Maintain consistency and comparability of data over time.
- – Review field survey data for completeness and accuracy.
- – Enter, clean, process, manipulate and analyze quantitative data.
- – Create brief summaries of technical reports and documents for entry into project databases.
- – Conduct data cleaning, formatting, labeling, and archiving.
- – With oversight from Project Director monitor and maintain project work plans and timelines.
- – Maintain project records and documentation.
- – Assist Project Director in preparing monthly reports, agendas, and summary project meeting notes.
- – Prepare datasets for statistical analysis (e.g., meta-analysis; multi-level models; longitudinal data analysis).
- – Assist with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including performing or overseeing routine data checks, preparing data for analysis as part of the evaluation team.
- – With oversight of Project Director, develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date data files and perform data analysis.
- – Conduct data analysis in collaboration with the evaluation team; apply knowledge of basic statistical procedures and statistical programming to work with the evaluation team.
- – Create tables and graphs for reports and presentations as needed, which may include writing section of evaluation reports.
- – Retrieve and compile documents, literature, resources, and data for methodological memos, reports, and presentations.
- – Assist with the preparation and distribution of methodological memos, methodological reports, and other documents.
- – Assist with the preparation and distribution of publications, which may include basic design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other printed materials.
- – Assist in Other Project as Necessary.
- – When necessary, run MS Access queries, or generate reports in response to data information requests.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- – Experience: Two (2) years’ experience, including one (1) year of focus experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation.
- – Knowledge: Two (2) years’ experience, including one (1) year of focus experience conducting survey research.
- – Soft Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team. Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative.
- – Software Proficiency: Experience conducting analysis in SQL, SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access, PowerPoint, CATI and CAPI software, Alchemer or other online survey software. Knowledge of survey methods, research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- – Language: Spanish/English fluency (spoken and written) at native level required.
- – Experience: In addition to the minimum qualifications, one-year relevant experience as a database administrator, database management software, and developing automated data processes. Previous work in a multi-cultural environment. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Skills / Education Requirements:
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Market Research, Math, Statistics or Social Science related field.
Pay Rate / Salary:
Data Management, Data Analysis, Research
Date Posted: 09-30-2022