Hybrid – 550 16th Street San Francisco, and remote
Phone, Email, Postal Address:
How to Apply:
Send your CV to email@example.com
# of Openings: 1-2
Abstract of Position:
The San Francisco Coordinating Center at California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute manages several of the largest ongoing cohort studies of older adults in the United States. We are hiring a statistician to help support studies mostly focused on musculoskeletal diseases with a broad range of data (clinical, questionnaires, ‘omics) requiring the incumbent to use a variety of statistical and data management approaches.
- – Provide statistical assistance to study investigators with direction from supervisor.
- – The Statistician will complete standard analyses using common software packages with oversight and direction from supervisor and investigators.
- – The Statistician will provide data tables and figures for manuscripts and may contribute to writing of these papers.
- – With input from supervisor and investigators, the Statistician will manage aspects of large databases, such as variable creation and documentation.
- – The Statistician will have knowledge of common statistical methods and experience applying several of these methods in real-world environment.
- – With input from supervisor and investigators, the incumbent will translate research questions into testable statistical hypotheses.
- – The incumbent must be able to work effectively in one major statistical analysis software program (such as SAS or Stata).
The position is hybrid with work on site 1-2 days/week and the other days at home.
Skills / Education Requirements:Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology, or closely related field.
SAS desired, R, Stata, other environments useful
Date Posted: 6-20-2022